Saturday 13 December 2014

Cooking #3: The pain of perfecting the panna cotta

Earlier this week I tried panna cotta for the first time, and having seen the dessert repeatedly on Austalian Masterchef I thought I should attempt making it.

It was the first time of using gelatine leaves, and as you can see I was pretty nervous about it. It seems so technical.


They set perfectly, but like what happened to Emelia on aussie masterchef, whose signature dish was panna cotta, they didn't come out of the ramekin. I was so disappointed!

Even though I was disappointed, they did taste pretty great, and I made nice raspberry sauce to go with them. I think it’s a major dessert to master.



The contestants used metallic ramekins and a blow torch to help the panna cotta's get out; maybe I should put them on my Christmas list!

No comments:

Post a Comment