Thursday 18 December 2014

New Albums #3: Mixing it up

When I said I was going to do this challenge quite a few people gave me recommendations straight away and this guy Coops was one of them! This is me and him at my Halloween party. I know him because he is my sister Lisa’s geeky sidekick back in the day.


So one of the albums he recommended me was Girl Talk-All Day. I listened to it while doing some housework and I loved it. It’s an album full of mash ups, and the variety of music being sampled is unbelievable.  I don’t think you’d find an album with samples of Bruce Springsteen, ELO, Madness, Blur, Jackson Five, BeyoncĂ© and Daft Punk to name but a few.

It also has that nostalgic sort of feel as well, and reminds me of uni days when me and my mate Chris would guess which song was going to be next just by the overlapping beat being played by the DJ. Although the DJ at our student union pretty much played the same playlist every Wednesday, so it didn't take long before we knew the songs and mixes inside out.


I highly recommend the album; whether it be for housework, gym, journey to work, it works with anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment