Tuesday 23 December 2014

New Album #4: If they remade a classic

Last month I caught up with my old friend Tom, and while we were catching up I explained about the 29 challenge, and he gave me a list of albums I should listen to. And today I listened to the first album he recommended, which was Saturdays=Youth - M83.

 

It’s not my usual sort of music I listen to, but as soon as I heard the first song and then the second it immediately reminded me of the classic film The Breakfast Club. When I was a teenager it was one of my favourite films, and when I went to uni I went to the traditional poster sale in fresher’s week, and bought a Breakfast Club poster. I thought it was the coolest; it had the essay they wrote on the poster as well.



So going back to the title of this blog post, if and I hope they don’t, but if Hollywood ran out of ideas and had to remake The Breakfast Club they should use the album as the soundtrack.

No comments:

Post a Comment