Tuesday 9 December 2014

New food #11: Festive Fettuccine

I’m very close to my Granddad, until I started my current job we used to speak every other day. But with my commute being longer to work I can only talk a couple of times a week.


Over the past couple of years he has increasingly liked his chick flicks. He likes watching films, but ones that are easy going so he can get a good night’s sleep. Until recently his go to film was The Proposal, starring Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds. My granddad loves Sandra Bullock and seen most if not all of her films. It’s the dream to get them two together for afternoon tea, it would be comedy gold.

His new favourite film is The Holiday, and last Monday to get December off to a festive start I went round to watch the film with him. He also sees the films as being educational; with The Proposal he learnt what a latte was. In The Holiday he was disappointed as they talked about Fettuccine but never showed what it was. So I found out what Fettuccine was (its pasta) and I cooked some for my granddad. So it’s a new food we both tried, and it tastes just like tagliatelle, maybe a little thinner .



Upon watching the film, we discovered there was something else we didn't know; what is pinknuckle? It was mentioned but we had no idea whether it was a food or something else. A quick google and it is a game. Could this be another new activity I could do for the challenge?

No comments:

Post a Comment