Sunday 21 December 2014

New film #7 and Cooking #4: Whimsical turkey

Today was a typical day that happens in the Christmas holidays (although I'm still at work till Christmas Eve.) I watched a random film that was highlighted during the traditional highlighting the Christmas Radio times and I cooked a turkey (well the crown of a turkey!)

The film I watched was Mr Magorium’s Wonder Emporium which starred; Dustin Hoffman, Natalie Portman and Jason Bateman. Hoffman played Mr Magorium who was 243 years old and owned a toy shop, who wanted to give the shop to Molly Mahoney who worked in the shop alongside him. It was whimsical film, and one that was only 90 minutes which is rare these days. Most films are at least 2 hours long.

This is a picture of the little boy in the film, he was an average kid character in the film, until they showed his hat collection and then I was in admiration of him from then on in.



Later in the afternoon I had a few school friends over for a bring and share Christmas lunch. I thought one of the others would take charge of cooking the turkey, but as I was host, it came down to me, which I was a bit daunted about. But following the instructions on the packaging, and using my trusty meat thermometer which looked pretty lethal, I think the turkey was a success. I've asked my friends to text me tomorrow just to tell me they haven’t got food poisoning!

No comments:

Post a Comment