Monday 8 December 2014

New activities and places #15, and new phrase #3: Excuse the selfie stick

I’m not the greatest at taking selfies. A couple of years ago I went to New York on holiday and met Jake Gyllenhaal and had a picture with him. But I didn’t even chance taking a selfie in case I cut off his head!


Now when we my friend Linsey and I were in Rome there were lots of street sellers who were selling selfie sticks. Linsey jokingly said a much lower price than what one of them said, and he said yes. And after a bit of haggling, she bought one for half the price he said.

After that we seemed to only take pictures with the selfie stick. It took a few attempts so the stick wasn’t in the photo, but we mastered it by the end. The shots actually captured a lot more of the surroundings then normal pictures.


The day Linsey got the selfie stick was also the day we learnt the phrase; Excusee my umbrello, which translated is excuse me my umbrella. A useless phrase, but when said is a flashback to Rome for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment